Thursday 12 May 2011

A.C.T.S

I was taught to pray using the acronym ACTS.
Adoration, Contrition, Thanksgiving, Supplication.


Although to be completely truthful my prayer often end ups heavy on the S and light on the T. I bombard God with a list of demands and pause occasionally to marvel in His greatness and apologise for my weaknesses, but as for giving thanks...

I wouldn't dream of missing out the many thank yous to people in my day. Thank you to my husband for making the coffee at breakfast, thank you to my son for putting his school uniform on without a fuss, thank you to the lady who held the door open for me at the shops, thank you to the bus driver as I disembarked and so the list goes on. It is so natural, it's like breathing. So why does are the most important thank yous missed out so often? Why do I take God for granted?

So to even the score this evening:

Praise be to the God of all, who formed me in my mother's womb and knows me best of all.
I confess the things that I have done and said which have caused you pain, and lay myself open before you.
Thank you for all the blessings of this life, that I may never cease to recognise and appreciate the blessings you have given me.
Tonight I pray for all those on my heart and place them safely into your hands.

Lord in your mercy...

No comments:

Post a Comment